Learning to Live With Who You Are When Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer

Learning to Live With Who You Are When Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer

Learning to Live With Who You Are When Diagnosed With Terminal Cancer


I have lived with terminal cancer cell phone over 24 months and treasure every day I am given. When you first hear the immortal words, "cancer" and "terminal", it sends shivers down your spine and also you automatically think, OMG, I am going to die and I can't stop it. However, it's not true, Paul and I were required to go through hell and back before we realised life may be remotely normal.

There so many cancers on the market of all kinds that people of all ages and I repeat of ALL ages endure each day they are alive. Many may be put into remission and a lot of can't. There are many unsung hero's around too that great things to the various cancer charities therefore we should remember them, for without one, we might not obtain the treatment perform.

I have breast cancers which is my primary and therefore the little critters (the cancer cells) decided my breast growth was not enough, they desired to move to new pastures generating way towards my spine, liver and lungs - although we presume that they would not like the lungs, too noisy so moved returning to the spine. These are termed as secondary cancers. I can not be put into remission with there being too many cancer cells around my body in order to become that. I think of it as "sods" law, excuse my French!

I had no expertise in the cancers of the breast and it is unfamiliar how long it turned out building new homes inside my back. So much so, my vertebrae was being compressed from the cancer cells. Not satisfied with this, they thought temporary accommodation has not been sufficient and wanted something with permanent features so invaded the bones of my spine!

What I have been subject to is nothing when compared with some cancer patients. Life may be cruel and that we cannot pick to have the disease. No one during my family had had cancer, therefore we know it wasn't hereditary to your knowledge.

Two years on, and I am still here fighting major. Since being diagnosed, I have come by way of a sceptic appendix and pneumonia this season! The reason I am saying it is that you can obtain the hardest situations, despite everything you may think at that time.

Since being diagnosed, I have been on the lot of drugs to master the back where they were forced to do a laminectomy to clear out the tumour creating a ruddy big housing development!! Since that operation, which took nearly 4/5 hours to accomplish. I understand there is a large amount of blood and my bones were like Swiss cheese so that they could not inflict reconstructive surgery, his or her put me together, means that they could do right at that moment to get things underway. I know I spent each week in neurology before I was moved as a result of Oncology where I spent the subsequent 6 weeks. In the end, I felt a bit much like the furniture!

During my stay here, I underwent radiotherapy, chemo for 13 cycles and prescription drugs of various sorts and other injections and blood taken every day or two. I also was handed an external brace which helped me to sit and navigate around. I can't show you what on that day felt gets hotter was pointed out, specially measured, and fitted is actually Libby my physio, plus a nurse, I sat up but happened to be a massive head rush. I was sitting - it felt weird. I also were forced to be taught to run again. I can inform you trying to acquire messages from the head into your legs, isn't as easy as it may seem.

Even today, I have nerve damage, but walk with crutches or perhaps a walking stick now, that is my life line. I still should concentrate what I am doing or I am almost everywhere. You may wonder why, how, I wish I could inform you, they feel nerve damage with the tumour has played a component, but hell, I am alive as well as in a better place than most. For long distances regardless of the sort, my wheelchair is our friend helping me bypass.

You should see several of the patients with resigned themselves for their fate using their cancers. Even so, the alteration in them at a frail patient, to finding yourself in their own clothes and wigs, they appear so different, feisty and strong. You feel very proud and need that you will be like them soon.

January the 26 2012 is best day of my well being. I came home. One thing I have not mentioned is my now husband, Paul. He was beside me at the start of all of these when my walking deteriorated to being restricted to a wheelchair and were required to have an MRI scan. He saw whilst I was inside the tube together with the images being crafted from me, that something was amiss. What he felt during that time breaks my heart. No one should need to witness that but he did, he held my hand, and do not let go. Paul even proposed in my experience in hospital once we honestly didn't know if I would survive as I was ill when admitted.

Paul and I married in March, the 26, Paul's birthday and yes it was probably the most magical day of our way of life. It was very emotional and there hasn't been a dry eye from the Church on that day.

As a couple of we are very close now, we've come through a whole lot together when I am feeling low, Paul picks me up, dusts me down so it helps me get my perspective back. We both deal with all the cancer inside our own ways, we need to, or we will destroy ourselves which is not going to take place.

I treasure every new day I am given and am slowly coming over to terms using the new woman I see now inside mirror and her limitations and strong resolve to live on and make some treasured memories before my health turns and to know what then, but containing not happened yet however for me, is obviously there in the rear of my head.
My Church prays for me personally every week and without their prayers, I don't think I would be where I am now.

To all of you around who has someone with cancer, please consult each other, doing this you all understand where so many people are coming from. It may not often be easy however you need to be conscious of the ones you cherish who are having to manage watching you live with all the cancer. It's not easy for the kids at all and it's also not easy for him or her to hear the Oncologist or Registrar say what they have to see. When we heard what is this great new tumours had developed during my liver, I got upset, the cancer was back, in case they can find me a drug to prevent its growth, then I will endure what unwanted side effects it may have. I am a fighter and I do not have intention of leaving Paul behind, God willing for some time yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Back To Top